configuring FreeRadius pools

Elie Hani ehani at wise.net.lb
Thu Jul 20 08:17:12 CEST 2006

Hi;

I have configured a RAS Patton 2960, it's connected to the FreeRadius
Server.
The authentication and everything is working great with postgre database.
I've been reading in the radiusd.conf file, there's something in it called
ippools. I tried to configure 2 different pools, but when I test it, I get
the pool configured on the Ras only, this means it's not working.

My problem consists in the following:
I want to configure 2 pools, the first one is a fake IP pool,where the dial
up user on the patton gets an IP from this pool, and then he will enter the
necessary information, once all the informations entered are true, he will
reconnect with his new username, then he will get an IP from the other pool
wich contains real IPs.
 I don't have a problem in configuring the redirection page or in writing
any script, but in configuring the 2 pools of IPs, can it be done on the
Radius directly, or should I configure a DHCP server. If so, how can I relay
the Radius to the DHCP?

Thanks
Elie Hani