Pasword check failed [sic]

Paul Long plong at ipdialog.com
Fri Jul 21 05:29:25 CEST 2006

Leo,

Thanks for the quick reply, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
How about a verb and an article or two? :-)

At first, I triedr

    plong    Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "123"

but that didn't work. I poked around online and found someone say that I
needed

    plong    Auth-Type = Local, User-Password := "123"

I tried that, and it worked! A colleague has duplicated my setup, but he
gets

    rlm_chap: Pasword check failed

whereas I get

    rlm_chap: chap user plong authenticated succesfully

with the same FreeRADIUS config files except for the IP address of the
NAS in the clients.conf file. We're trying to figure out why my setup
works and his doesn't.

My debug output always says rlm_chap, presumably because I'm using CHAP.
Am I doing something wrong?

This is my setup:
Win32 FreeRADIUS
WAP TKIP EAP-TTLS PAP/CHAP