configuring FreeRadius pools

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Fri Jul 21 10:43:42 CEST 2006

Welli The problem is you still haven't exactly explained what you are trying
to do with radius. Are you assigning the IP addresses from pools on radius or
pools on the patton?

Assuming that radius is assigning the pools, you simply need to create 2 of
them. (Read the radiusd.conf the comments explain it) Then configure radius
to return an address from the first pool by default, and the second pool when
the patton sends whatever information it sends to say that the user is authed
or valid or whatever. You need to figure that out as I dont have any
experience with patton.

RADIUS is not magic. It can only respond when asked a question, and it can
only give an answer based on what it is asked. You therefore need to make
sure that patton is asking 2 different questions, and configure your 2
different replies based on what question it is asking... radiusd -X  (debug
mode) is your friend in this instance..

Hope that Helps

-Peter

On Fri 21 Jul 2006 10:16, Elie Hani wrote:
> Thanks Alan, but this was not my problem. My problem is in configuring the
> IP pools, I need a way to configure the 2 pools of IPs which are one Fake
> and the other Real. I don't have a problem in redirection, it's in how to
> configure the 2 pools of IPs.
>
> Thanks
> Elie

Peter Nixon