MySQL

PhilT phil at yarwell.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 23 22:44:51 CEST 2006

I have been using FreeRadius with users entered into the config files, and
now wish to migrate to using MySQL. Have MySQL, FreeRadius etc running under
SuSE 8.1 on a test box.

So far the only user in the MySQL database that authenticates OK is one that
has the same username / password under Linux on the box concerned. Otherwise
I get

 modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns OK
  users: Matched DEFAULT at 152
 modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns OK
modcall:group authorize returns OK
 rad_check_password: Found Auth-Type System
auth: type "System"
modcall: entering group authenticate
  modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns notfound
modcall: group authenticate returns notfound
auth: Failed to validate the user.

The succesful file based users say "Found Auth-Type Local" which I guess is
a clue to my problem.

What do you helpful people  need to know next ?

Phil