rlm_eap_tls.so won't build.

Lyle Tollefsen ltollefsen at yukoncollege.yk.ca
Tue Jul 25 22:12:35 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm new to freeradius and open source in general, so please bear with
me. I'm having a problem with the  rlm_eap_tls.so module not compiling,
or installing, depending on whether I'm compiling from source, or
apt-geting the package. The complaint is that Openssl is missing,
however I have installed openssl and libssl0.9.6 and libssl-dev. All to
no avail. As you can see, I'm using freeradius 1.1.2.  Any help much
appreciated.

debian:/usr/src/freeradius-1.1.2/src/modules/rlm_eap/types/rlm_eap_tls#
./configure
checking for OpenSSL support... no
configure: warning: silently not building rlm_eap_tls.
configure: warning: FAILURE: rlm_eap_tls requires: OpenSSL.
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating config.h
config.h is unchanged
debian:/usr/src/freeradius-1.1.2/src/modules/rlm_eap/types/rlm_eap_tls#

debian:/usr/src/freeradius-1.1.2/src/modules/rlm_eap/types/rlm_eap_tls#
openssl version
OpenSSL 0.9.7e 25 Oct 2004