Error: Discarding duplicate request

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jul 27 22:21:07 CEST 2006

Aleksandar Stojilkovic wrote:
>  Hello,
>

> My log is full of this kind of errors:
>

> Wed Jul 26 02:55:54 2006 : Error: Discarding duplicate request from
> client APMajur:2048 - ID: 27 due to unfinished request 11$

Don't post to the list in HTML. Awful HTML at that...

This is normally caused by a slowly-responding database (e.g. SQL, LDAP)
or upstream proxy server. Make "the thing" respond quicker. Without more
details as to your configuration, we can only guess, but maybe indices
on key SQL tables and/or optimising the queries?