Log files not being updated (version 2)

Hugo Heriz-Smith hugo at heriz-smith.com
Mon Jun 5 18:35:31 CEST 2006

If I type this:

radtest hugo test 127.0.0.1 1812 *******

then I get the following (but nothing shows up in the log).
Strangely, what I do see in the log are a few lines from last
weekend, when I was trying to get this to work (as I mentioned, I was
changing the user this runs under from 'nobody'back to 'root'.

Sat Jun  3 22:09:11 2006 : Info: rlm_exec: Wait=yes but no output
defined. Did you mean output=none?
Sat Jun  3 22:09:11 2006 : Info: rlm_eap_tls: Loading the certificate
file as a chain
Sat Jun  3 22:09:11 2006 : Info: Ready to process requests.

Below is the output I got when I ran the radtest command.

Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:33086, id=59,
length=56
         User-Name = "hugo"
         User-Password = "test"
         NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255
         NAS-Port = 1812
   Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
   modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0
radius_xlat:  '/var/log/radius/radacct/127.0.0.1/auth-detail-20060605'
rlm_detail: /var/log/radius/radacct/%{Client-IP-Address}/auth-detail-%
Y%m%d expands to /var/log/radius/radacct/127.0.0.1/auth-detail-20060605
   modcall[authorize]: module "auth_log" returns ok for request 0
   modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 0
   modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 0
     rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "hugo", looking up realm NULL
     rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
   modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 0
   rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
   modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 0
     users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 152
     users: Matched entry hugo at line 216
   modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 0
   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System
auth: type "System"
   Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 0
   modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns notfound for request 0
modcall: leaving group authenticate (returns notfound) for request 0
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect: [hugo/test] (from client localhost port 1812)
Delaying request 0 for 1 seconds
Finished request 0
Going to the next request
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 1 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 1 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Sending Access-Reject of id 59 to 127.0.0.1 port 33086
Waking up in 4 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Cleaning up request 0 ID 59 with timestamp 448458e9
Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.

And, when I ran it once more before I mailed this, just to make sure
I was getting everything straight, I got this as part of the output:

modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 0
   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System
auth: type "System"
   ERROR: Unknown value specified for Auth-Type.  Cannot perform
requested action.
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect: [hugo/test] (from client localhost port 1812)

I'm sure i didn't change anything, but now, it is saying System is an
unknown value? Is this problem perhaps bigger than I realize -or am I
just not thinking clearly...

thanks,

Hugo