Hello,

Michael Lecuyer mjl at theorem.com
Tue Jun 6 15:08:16 CEST 2006

It would be difficult to say how RADIUS would interact with the actual
ACE server since it's a proprietary system.  In 2002 I thought about
going down this route and I'm summarizing from the 5 page SecurId
integration document.

You must write code that uses RSA's 'RSA Agent' software to communicate
with the RSA ACE server. You must become a partner a a cost of ten
thousand dollars for each product each year you provide the product(s).
You must pay RSA twenty percent of your product's licensing fee. And you
must have RSA certify it and may be required to provide a training
program for RSA certification technicians. The sublicense agreement with
RSA is incompatible with any open source software.

The best thing to do is use FreeRadius as a proxy to the RSA RADIUS server.

 From a client's point of view the ACE RADIUS server may require a
simple  CHAP/PAP transaction or there may be challenges asking for more
information. It depends on the RSA server configuration.