{Spam?} need help from FR gurus.

Kevin Bonner keb at pa.net
Fri Jun 9 21:28:09 CEST 2006

On Friday 09 June 2006 13:03, Abul Monsur Mannan wrote:
> [root at localhost rlm_sql]# cd /usr/local/src/freeradius-1.1.1/src/modules/lib
> [root at localhost lib]# ls

I don't see rlm_sql_mysql.so in this output, which points to build issues
(usually).  When you compiled freeradius, were there errors when it tried
building that sub-module?

If you're using the RH supplied RPMS, I believe they split out the
database-specific modules, so you would want to also install freeradius-mysql
via yum, up2date, apt, etc.

> rlm_sql (sql):
> "/usr/local/src/freeradius-1.1.1/src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_mysql"
> is NOT an SQL driver!
> radiusd.conf[14]: sql: Module instantiation failed.
> radiusd.conf[1798] Unknown module "sql".
> radiusd.conf[1727] Failed to parse authorize section.

Wow.  How did you get that error?  It looks like you've put the full path to
the source directory as the sql driver in sql.conf.  The only reason to
change the driver line in an sql module definition is to specify a different
database type than MySQL.

What commands are you using to build freeradius?  Docs for most OSS usually
say "./configure; make; make install", and let you override certain options
at each stage if necessary.  The lib directory you're showing us is inside
the actual source directory, which isn't a normal install location.

Kevin Bonner