Freeradius 1.1.1: 'radclient' incorrect Authenticator value

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Mon Jun 12 18:24:06 CEST 2006

"Robles Rodriguez,Alejandro" <Alejandro.RoblesRodriguez at tre.se> wrote:
> I'm using freeradius 1.1.1 and trying to performance test it using
> as client the 'radclient' utility program. I have been experiencing
> some problems when load testing it since freeradius was responding
> in some cases responding to the client with old (already sent)
> least).

  The server shouldn't do that.  The request authenticators are
different, so the requests should be treated as different.

> Have any of you guys noticed this problem and do you have a solution
> to it (besides changing the code)? My test files contain at least 1000
> Access-Requests each therefore the IDs will be reused.

  I haven't noticed it before.  I've been doing load testing with
radclient, and it seems to be OK.

> I might be mistaken but one odd thing is that I see a comment in the
> code saying that if a request has already been used then it needs to
> make sure that the Authenticator value is unique. However I don't
> see that happening in the code actually ('radclient.c', function
> 'request_free'):

  Look at the rest of the code.  See send_one_packet(), which creates
a unique vector.