error: Failed dependencies: libeap-1.1.2.so is needed by freeradius-1.1.2-0.i386

Kevin Bonner keb at pa.net
Mon Jun 12 18:33:36 CEST 2006

On Friday 09 June 2006 17:19, Alberto Cruz wrote:
> These is the output from the commands:
> [root at cdr i386]# rpm -qp --provides freeradius-1.1.2-0.i386.rpm
> config(freeradius) = 1.1.2-0
> libradius-1.1.2.so
> libradius-1.1.2.so.debug
> radiusd
> rlm_sql_mysql-1.1.2.so
> rlm_sql_mysql-1.1.2.so.debug
> freeradius = 1.1.2-0

That is a very short list.  There should be lots of rlm_ modules listed, not
just mysql.  Look for any warnings/errors when you try to build the RPM, or
specifically the rlm_eap module.  My guess is that you're being hit by the
same libtool problem I've run into when trying to build an RPM on my CentOS 4
box.

Kevin Bonner