Radius Proxying and IP injection

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Mon Jun 12 22:38:09 CEST 2006

> ##############################
>

> The strange thing is the Framed-IP-Address, it isn’t showing the correct
> IP address that the user has assigned in our customer radius users file.
>
> If I run radtest from the command line against the customers radius
> server it returns:

If you get different results from your customers radius server when the
requests originate from your nas or when the requests originate from
your command line then......

> With the correct IP address.
>
> Any ideas why it’s doing this?

This is a misconfiguration of your customers radius server, possibly
based upon incorrect information from you.

> The proxying seems to be working fine as all requests for the realm are
> sent to the customers radius server.
>
> And our log files show that the authentication was “OK”.
>
> However the users that are authenticating are being dropped offline as
> soon as they authenticate.

Let me guess....you dont have any ip pools available on your nas server.
So without a specified IP, the user cant/wont stay connected.