PB with Accent in nspmPassword in request LDAP between new FREE-RADIUS 1.1.2 (suse) and edirectory novell 6.5

freeradius at rockwellcollins.com freeradius at rockwellcollins.com
Tue Jun 13 17:39:53 CEST 2006

Hello,

I set up a new solution implementing eap-PEAP user authentication and VLAN
assignment with · :
- FREE-RADIUS 1.1.2 on suse 9
- ENTERASYS Switch
-  Edirectory Novell 6.5

This solution is operational.

On the other hand, if the user uses a password using characters with
accents, this solution does not work.

 I identified the problem in the LDAP request  of the  FREE-RADIUS 1.1.2
to the edirectory of novell 6.5.

The problem seems to come from FreeRadius server because :

The  radius server is launched  by the command "radiusd -X -A", what
allows us to get back password.

What appears:
when the password does not contain special characters (é.) the password
sent by the ldap module of the server freeradius is correct.

When the password contains special characters(é), the password sent by the
ldap module of freeradius is erroneous (see track accompanying document)
for the first character. The conversion is the following one:

alé00000 àblé00000

blé00000 àalé00000

clé00000 àalé00000

dlé00000 àalé00000

elé00000 àalé00000

 I have already met this problem with freeradius 1.0.5.

Have you a solution to supply me?

thank you in advance.

Best regards

Stephan