radreply table / OP field length

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Wed Jun 14 12:26:10 CEST 2006

Cliff Hayes wrote:

> The included db_mysql.sql which creates the MySQL schema required for
> FreeRADIUS created the radreply table with a two-character OP field (I
> assume for use with <=, >=, etc).  It defaults to a single "=" and when I
> add a record, subsequent queries from a Microsoft SQL 2000 linked Database
> connection fail because it wants both characters filled (== maybe).

FreeRADIUS provides SQL schemas for both MySQL and Microsoft SQL.
I don't really understand why you're using the MySQL schema if you're
going to run a different server later.

> We use Platypus as our billing system, which resides in the Microsoft
> SQL 2000 environment and talks to FreeRADIUS via the link mentioned
> above.  Should I change the default to "==" or is there something
> else?

The operator "==" isn't allowed in a reply item. Please look at this
page for a description of the operators:

http://freeradius.org/radiusd/doc/rlm_sql

--
Nicolas Baradakis