Authentication with Kerberos

thomas hahusseau thomas.hahusseau at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 14:15:58 CEST 2006

the problem is that my wifi card (Cisco Aironet) doesn't support the TTLS
i'll try to find one which support it .

About TTLS is it that kind of EAP authentification with :
Step 1 : TLS handshake , 1 certificat on radius server and 1 certificate on
supplicant ?
Step 2 : Kerberos or any other kind of authentication inside the TLS tunnel
?

in fact I plan to use the PEAP authentication like that :
Step 1 : building a TLS tunnel (Certificate on Radius server only)
Step 2 : Supplicant sent login + hashed password
Step 3 : freeradius ask Active Directory for a kerberos ticket/token
Step 4 :freeradius send its token to the AD and ask for performing a search
in ldap directory
Step 5 : check in the token if freeradius is allowed to search inside LDAP
Step 6 : comparason of hashed password.

According to me that solution would remplace the ntlm auth , and it's not
the supplicant which use kerberos but freeradius, to perform a secure
authentication with LDAP database.

could you give informations or telling me if I'm right ?

thank you
thomas