So how do you suppress

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Mon Jun 26 16:44:01 CEST 2006

Walter Reynolds <waltr at umich.edu> wrote:
> So what 'rest of the documentation' should I look at.  I guess I am not
> seeing how I should know that the "auth_log" is a variant of the "detail"
> module.

  The comments at the start of the "modules" section in radiusd.conf
explain this.  It event points to examples further on that demonstrate
what it's talking about.

> So I now understand that I should be able to suppress information from any
> of the detail sections by adding an additional suppress line under that
> module subsection.
>
> Is this something that I should have understood to start with or is there
> documentation that I did not see and should read?

  Yes.  It's been documented in the server for many years.  Many
configurations and examples included in the default conf files
demonstrate this.  See "detail", "radutmp", "always", for starters.