problems authenticating using madwifi, hostapd and freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Thu Mar 2 01:48:27 CET 2006

"pelusa vali" <pelusitavali at hotmail.com> wrote:
> 1) why client cann't authenticate to freeradius? maybe i'm missing any
> configuration
> or freeradius and hostapd aren't working well together?

  The FreeRADIUS debug log doesn't show any problems, other than the
client stops talking to it.

> 2) is there any way i can test my certificates from freeradius?? any
> command?
> or may be install wpa-supplicant over my debian and test from there
> (authenticator and supplicant in same machine??).

  eapol_test, from wpa_supplicant.  It works for me pretty quickly.

> 3) why client stops in "Trying to authenticate"? maybe any configuration or
> password am i missing??

  Which client are you using?

> 4)as you can see en freeradius and hostapd log they say "CONNECT 11Mbps
> 802.11b" but i configured my ap to work with 802.11g, so why this behavior?

  Because FreeRADIUS logs what the NAS sends.  If the NAS sends
"802.11b", then ask the NAS why it's doing 802.11b when you told it
802.11g.