auto-expiring accounts w/ FreeRadius

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Thu Mar 2 09:06:22 CET 2006

Hi,

> I've been asked to set up an authentication system with automatically
> expiring user access ... so, once the user first loggs in, and a certain
> time (like e.g. 24 hours) goes by, the account is supposed to be
> deleted. I recon based on MySQL authentication this should be possible
> with FreeRadius ... can FreeRadius be configured to store a "first used"
> timestamp with an authentication entry? That way, setting up an SQL
> script that regularly purges the old, used entries would be easy ...

if you want to, FR logs every Access-Accept. So, finding the first usage is as
easy as writing an SQL query that retrieves the first Access-Accept for the
user. You can base your script to delete entries upon that.

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

RESTENA Foundation - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
R&D Engineer

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg