Long mysql queries in sqlcounter get truncated.

Luis Zarrabeitia kyrie at uh.cu
Thu Mar 2 14:24:06 CET 2006

On Thursday 02 March 2006 00:49, Gunther wrote:
> Had the same trouble with long SQL queries. It seems the RADIUS standard
> only allows
> up to 253 characters or so. I ended up modifying my table column names to a
> shorter name.
> Not nice, but it works. I also 'merged' some tables information to shorten
> the queries.

I heard of the 253 limitation of the Radius protocol - but that should have no
bearing on the length of the query (the query itself never goes over the wire
to the radius client).

> Initially I changed the max string length within the code, but the main
> disadvantage
> is that every upgrade you have to do the same. Now I use 100% unmodified
> FreeRadius
> code and the upgrade to 1.1.0 went without any problems.

Were in the code you modified it? Can you prepare a patch? (or give me
directions) Shortening the table/column names can only be a temporal
solution, as my queries are bound to become more complex, and if the
restriction if indeed relationed with the length of the response, perhaps we
should open a bug report and submit a patch... and get a working system while
it gets merged.

Thanks for your time,

Zarrabeitia.