Password Logging

Craig T. Hancock chancock at nd.edu
Wed Mar 8 17:00:40 CET 2006

I also want to remove the password from the log file. I am trying to
modify the rlm_detail file. I beileve the section that needs modifying
is at line 280. Before modification I just need to understand the
following lines after 280. The code with the comment

/* Don't Print passwords in old format */

What is the old format compared to the new format.

As far as what to change what is the pair->attribute
for User-Password statement. I would presume it would be
PW_PASSWORD_REQUEST.

My thinking is is to do something like this

if (compat && (pair->attribute == PW_PASSWORD_REQUEST)) {
	pair = pair->next;
	continue;

Is that correct?