special characters in passwords + FR + ldap

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Mar 9 10:23:22 CET 2006

Hi,

> I attached a copy of the file rlm_ldap.c of radius 1.1.0

yes, your patched version is clearly borked - as you can see from
this snippet.

>  	int             vals_count;
>  	int             vals_idx;
>  	char           *ptr;
> 	char	       *value;
>  	TLDAP_RADIUS   *element;
> 	LRAD_TOKEN      token;
> 	LRAD_TOKEN      token, operator;
>  	int             is_generic_attribute;
> 	char            value[256];
> 	char		buf[MAX_STRING_LEN];
>  	VALUE_PAIR     *pairlist = NULL;
>  	VALUE_PAIR     *newpair = NULL;
> 	char		do_xlat = FALSE;

LRAD_TOKEN has dual definitions. it should look similar to:

        char          **vals;
        int             vals_count;
        int             vals_idx;
        char           *ptr;
        char           *value;
        TLDAP_RADIUS   *element;
        LRAD_TOKEN      token, operator;
        int             is_generic_attribute;
        char            buf[MAX_STRING_LEN];
        VALUE_PAIR     *pairlist = NULL;
        VALUE_PAIR     *newpair = NULL;
        char            do_xlat = FALSE;

how did you patch? I notice that the patch is no longer clean against the
1.1.x CVS code...which means that more headaches will occur. someone with
the drive/desire needs to modify the patch for the more recent source

alan