freeradius auth logging (rlm_detail)

Geoff Silver geoff+freeradius at uslinux.net
Fri Mar 10 21:47:29 CET 2006

You'll have to change rlm_detail.  I created an rlm_syslog module which allows
you to include some extra fields via xlat.  I'm sure you could do something
similar to rlm_detail.  In my case, I added a char* logextra to the struct and
then:

        if (inst->logextra != NULL) {
                radius_xlat(extra, sizeof(extra), inst->logextra, request, NULL)
;
                DEBUG2("rlm_syslog: %s expands to %s", inst->logextra, extra);
                splitstr = strtok(extra, ",");
                while (splitstr != NULL)
                {
                        strcat(result, splitstr);
                        strcat(result, divider);
                        splitstr = strtok(NULL, ",");

In my case I'm building a string (you'd want to fprintf(outfp,"")), but I just
supply a logextra = "" option in the detail {}  section of the config file,
where the value can be any xlat-expandable attributes, eg.
	logextra = "NAS-IP-Address = %{NAS-IP-Address},Nas-Port = %{NAS-Port}"