Backing up Mysql

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Mar 12 18:58:27 CET 2006

Hi,

> i started backing up the db using a crontab job early in the morning which backs up
> everything, but i have had complains from users who try to logon after the backup process.
>
> What is the best way to backup an active database with radiusd waiting for connection?

are you simply dumping the live database? i'm not exactly sure why they are having issues
after the backup. what version of MySQL are you using? I'd suggest you look at having
a database replication setup. then you can simply dump the replicated backup...so you have
a live and in-sync backup to fall back onto too.

alan