Password Logging

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Tue Mar 14 00:32:36 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-13-03 at 17:38 +0100, andre kip wrote:
> Hi Geoff,
>
> I haven't been successful in getting freeradius not to
> log passwords. Where is this rlm_syslog?? I am looking
> for it at source but to no avail. ..or did you change
> rlm_detail by adding:
>
>  if ((strstr(buf, "User-Password") != 0) &&
>      (strcmp(inst->hidepasswd, "yes") == 0))
>           {
>              pair->next;
>           }
>
> regards,
> Mr. Trüffle

Have you tried changing the settings in radiusd.conf?

#  Log authentication requests to the log file.
#
#  allowed values: {no, yes}
#
log_auth = no

#  Log passwords with the authentication requests.
#  log_auth_badpass  - logs password if it's rejected
#  log_auth_goodpass - logs password if it's correct
#
#  allowed values: {no, yes}
#
log_auth_badpass = no