MAC/VLAN with HP Procurve

Jorgen Rosink jrosink at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 02:02:54 CET 2006

On 3/14/06, Jim Potter <jim at because.org.uk> wrote:
> 00-0e-35-31-5c-1b       Auth-Type == Local,User-Password ==
> "00-0e-35-31-5c-1b"
>                         Tunnel-Medium-Type = 802,
>                         Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = 20,
>                         Tunnel-Type = VLAN
>
> - this is meant to make the laptop with the given VLAN join to the
> network on vlan 20, but there is no sign of this working... any clues?

Could you try to change the Tunnel-Medium-Type value to "IEEE-802"

On 3/14/06, Seferovic Edvin <edvin.seferovic at kolp.at> wrote:
> Dynamic VLAN on an access point? Is this possible anyway?

Sure, the ProCurve 420 access points supports them (even per ESSID, 16
total). The ProCurve 520 does support dot1q, static (also per ESSID)
but not dynamic.

> I've tried to use VLAN assignment on HP ProCurve 2626, but it just wont
> work. Due the lack of documentation, maybe someone should contact HP on this
> topic?

Their documentation is pretty clear about it.
http://www.hp.com/rnd/support/manuals/
I decided to read them and followed the step-by-step instructions,
it's hard to believe but it works ;-).