Accounting Cisco VSA attributes

Caines, Max Max.Caines at wlv.ac.uk
Wed Mar 15 14:10:56 CET 2006

Hi

I have now upgraded to 1.1.0, and yes, it now converts Cisco AV pairs to new attributes. Many thanks.

I thought it was worth mentioning that I had a few problems building Freeradius, which I should have brought up before, because I have dim memories of getting the same ones with 0.9.3. It's making rlm_sql_mysql hat gave me problems, and they were of two sorts. First, "configure" reckoned that MySQL was not usable on my system and didn't create the module in the first place. Then, when I fixed that, the run-time linker failed when the module was first loaded.

I was able to fix both these problems, but I thought it might be worth letting you know, because I compiled it on two systems and got the same problems. One is an ancient Sun Ultra 1 running Solaris 5.9, while the other is a SunFire V240s running 5.8, so other Solaris users may see them as well.

The "configure" problem I fixed by modifying "src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_mysql/configure. This is the output from "diff":

978c978
<     LIBS="-L$try -lmysqlclient_r $old_LIBS"
---
>     LIBS="-L$try -lmysqlclient_r $old_LIBS -lsocket -lm -lz -lnsl"

Without that compiling and linking of "conftest.c" in "configure" fails, and it assumes that that's because your MySQL is absent or wrongly set up.

The other problem is in "Makefile.in". Here's the "diff" output:

6c6
< RLM_SQL_LIBS   = @sql_mysql_ldflags@
---
> RLM_SQL_LIBS   = @sql_mysql_ldflags@ -lm -lz

The need for "libz" is the result of using MySQL 5.0, which has a new "archive" storage type that uses compression routines from a separate library, so I guess you have this issue on any architecture. "libm" is required because somewhere in the MySQL library there's a call to "floor", and that's probably only an issue with Suns.

I realise that this may all be down to something odd about our Solaris systems, and if so please ignore this, but I thought it might be useful.

Max Caines