Problems configuring Free Radius

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Mar 15 20:43:22 CET 2006

Hi,

> Is there a free radius for Dummies book out there?  I know that most of
> the instruction probably make sense to everyone, but me.

OReilly FreeRADIUS book, free online documents and help guides

> I am trying to configure Freeradius 1.1 on a mysql database using fedora
> 4.

make sure you have the mysql RPMs and the freeradius-mysql RPMs installed

> Is there something I need to do with the sql.conf file to tie all of
> this together?

make sure the right calls are in it.

> How do I enter my users in mysql?

use mysql or use one of the myriad of front-ends to use MySQL via a web
interface - mysqladmin etc. PERL scripts using the DBD system too.

> Is there a web interface for the users?

Users? the users should be looking at FreeRADIUS. it authenticates them and
accounts them via the NAS. or do you mean system admin users?

> Can I put in a start date for a user and a stop date for a user?

yes. in MySQL tables - then use rlm_accounting calls to make sure the dates
etc are within those ranges.

> Is there a web site that I can go to for answers to these questions?  I
> have been to the archives.

this is all covered in the archives - at least I've seen it here discussed
countless times.

alan