General question about authentication/authorization

Florian Prester Florian.Prester at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Mar 17 10:17:32 CET 2006

Hi,

 1.) in the users-file, I can only check for attributes provided by the
request - correct?
 2.) in the users-file, if an entry matches all check-attributes, I can
specify an Auth/Autz-Type - correct?
 3.) in the users-file, if I do not specify the Auth/Autz-Type the
radius is taken the requested Type automatically - correct?
 4.) Authentication is comparing a password - correct?
 5.) Authorization is even if a password is correct, the user may not
use/do something - correct?
 6.) Authorization is done by providing appropriate reply-attributes -
correct?

Now the big question:
 If I have an user who is authenticate, meaning correct username +
password whereas the password is stored in LDAP.
I want to replay attributes according th some other information stored
in LDAP - how can I do such a thing, like:
 IF ldap-attribute::xy == valid_1 THEN RETURN ldap-attribute::IP-good,
 ELSIF dap-attribute::xy == valid_2 THEN RETURN ldap-attribute::IP-better,
 ELSE RETURN ldap-attribute::IP-bad

Thanks
 Florian

--