Freeradius & Mysql initial install

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Mar 17 18:39:34 CET 2006

Hi,

> My mistake on the working.  I had checked the clients.conf and it was
> correct.
>
> Does the login user need to have an account on the local radius server?
> In other words, do I need to create a user in mysql and link it to the
> radius database and ALSO complete a useradd statement on the Fedora box?
> No matter how I try it, I cannot get it to see past the shared key of
> the localhost.
>
> Thanks for all your help.

if the shared key is qwertyuiop in clients.conf for localhost (by default
its testing or testing123 or somesuch) then, on the radtest command line you
need to do

radtest username password localhost 1812 qwertyuiop

the user must exist in some form in one of the methods by which you are
checking authorization. ie if you are using MySQL, then the user must
be in the mysql tables. if you want to do a basic test, slap the
user name and password into the 'users' file and make sure FR uses
that.  you ONLY need to add the user to the local box (in /etc/shadow:/etc/password etc) *IF* you are using the unix authentication or a local PAM method

alan