Freeradius & Mysql initial install

Atkins, Dwane P ATKINSD at uthscsa.edu
Fri Mar 17 21:49:01 CET 2006

Alan & Alan,

Here is excerpts from the clients.conf file:

client 127.0.0.1 {
        secret          = testing123
        shortname       = localhost
        nastype     = other     # localhost isn't usually a NAS...

Users
atkinsd         Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "cisco123"
                Reply-Message = "Hello, %u"

mysql> select * from radcheck;
+----+----------+-----------+----+----------+
| id | UserName | Attribute | op | Value    |
+----+----------+-----------+----+----------+
|  2 | atkinsd  | Password  | == | cisco123 |
+----+----------+-----------+----+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

This is from radiusd -X

rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_mysql (module rlm_sql_mysql) loaded and
linked
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to atkinsd at localhost:/radius
rlm_sql (sql): starting 0
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #0
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #0
rlm_sql_mysql: Couldn't connect socket to MySQL server
atkinsd at localhost:radius
rlm_sql_mysql: Mysql error 'Access denied for user 'atkinsd'@'localhost'
(using password: YES)'
rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect DB handle #0
rlm_sql (sql): starting 1
rlm_sql (sql): starting 2
rlm_sql (sql): starting 3
rlm_sql (sql): starting 4
rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect to any SQL server.

Thanks

Dwane