Version 1.1.1 has been released

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Wed Mar 22 08:22:29 CET 2006

Hi,

> I understand that this change is what you want, but there MAY be
> someone depending on the existing behaviour.  This change will then
> surely break their current working configuration.  They can of course
> fix it by reconfiguring the server, taking this change into
> consideration, but that is NOT the way to do a stable release cycle.

My explanation was intended only to explain why packet handling gets a tiny
little bit faster. But you are right, there is a very minimal impact:
normal packets (with User-Name) are always passed through hints, this is
unchanged. So, the only new behaviour is that packets without User-Name
attribute are also passed through hints, which indeed is new.
However, it would only break an existing configuration iff someone relies on
the fact that his Accounting-On-Off packets are ignored in the hints run.
I don't want to judge on that, but it sure sounds odd if your configuration
relies on that.

The patch would add consistency where it wasn't before, which is a very good
thing IMHO. But I also see your concerns.

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER

RESTENA Foundation - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
R&D Engineer

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg