request object pointer offset

jasonatx0001 jasonatx0001 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 18:36:05 CET 2006

I am having some difficulty accessing the data in the request object inside
my module. It seems the pointers are offset ...

inside the authenticate method of my module

  DEBUG ("MYMODULE: request->config_items->name = %s",
request->config_items->name);
  DEBUG ("MYMODULE: request->config_items->strvalue = %s",
request->config_items->strvalue);
  if (!request->username)
    {
      DEBUG ("MYMODULE: no username found\n");
    }
  else
    {
      DEBUG ("MYMODULE: request->username->strvalue = %s\n",
request->username->strvalue);
    }
  if (!request->password)
    {
      DEBUG ("MYMODULE: no password found\n");
    }
  else
    {
      DEBUG ("MYMODULE: request->password->strvalue = %s\n",
request->password->strvalue);
    }
  DEBUG ("MYMODULE: request->number = %d\n", request->number);
  return RLM_MODULE_REJECT;

and this is the output i get from radiusd -X

auth: type "mymodule"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group mymodule for request 0
MYMODULE: request->config_items->name = User-Name
MYMODULE: request->config_items->strvalue = testuser
MYMODULE: request->username->strvalue = test
MYMODULE: no password found
MYMODULE: request->number = 0
  modcall[authenticate]: module "mymodule" returns reject for request 0
modcall: leaving group mymodule (returns reject) for request 0
auth: Failed to validate the user.

As you can see, the config_items VP* points to the User-name VP and the
username VP* points to the password and the password VB* is NULL. Any ideas
?