Questions about FreeRadius proxy

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Mar 22 20:36:39 CET 2006

Dovelet wrote:
> Hi Phil Mayers,
>
> Thank you of your reply. Do you mean the append the following into the
> radius.conf or other files? I cannot start the radiusd after I append them
> into the radius.conf file. Sorry, I am really new in FreeRadius. Thanks.

The entries listed are partial config fragments. Certainly appending
them won't work. You need to open up the radiusd.conf and go to the
section specified and merge them in:

# many
# lines
# of
# config

modules {
   # some
   # stuff
   # here
   # already

   # ADD THIS
   passwd userValid {
     file = /etc/raddb/validusers
     format = "*User-Name:~Group"
   }

   # probably some more stuff as well
}

authorize {
   preprocess
   # other
   # modules

   # ADD THIS
   userValid

   # "users" must come after
   users

   # maybe more modules
}

# rest
# of
# config
# file

The config file is quite liberally commented - if you spend some time
reading the default config, it should be quite obvious.

HTH