mod_auth_radius: multiple auth attempts

Christina McAghon cmcaghon at sungardsct.com
Thu Mar 23 19:18:12 CET 2006

I am using mod_auth_radius2 with Apache version 2.0.54.  When I
attempt to authenticate, I see a successful attempt followed by 2
failed attempts, leaving me with a "401 Authorization Required"
message in the browser.  Any ideas?  I have tried increasing the
timeout.  Here is the relevant portion of my httpd.conf:

<IfModule mod_auth_radius-2.0.c>
AddRadiusAuth <radius server 1>:1645 shared-secret 5:3
AddRadiusAuth <radius server 2>:1645 shared-secret 5:3
AuthRadiusBindAddress <server IP address>
</IfModule>

<Directory "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/secure">
    DirectoryIndex index.html
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "secure"
   AuthAuthoritative off