can't get ip address

Magnus Willigens magnus.willigens at web.de
Sat Mar 25 17:38:32 CET 2006

hi...

in the past 3 week's ive tried to configurate a freeradius for my exam of my apprenticeship. I used 1.1.0 under suse 9.2. There were many problems on my way binding the includes and libs of openssl and creating the certs. because this was my first excourse in linux (shame on me). But in my oppinion i did it well. I hope i've understood the eap_tls section so when you get these mppe messages it should work, right? I am using XP with SP2 as supplicant, the certs are also installed. And now the problem:

When i try to connect with the AP everything works fine (reading certs, eap-tls handshake and the transmission of the mppe parameters) but i do not get a propper ip address. "oh, thats no problem" make it static..... but this doesn't work too. but ist is a funny fact, that windows then says "connected", but there ist no one to ping!???

If there is anyone who knows something about...

p.s: it is a TEKLOGIX 9150 AP Basestation
p.p.s: without the 8021x config it transmits all the ip data :) :(