Version 1.1.1 stops responding

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Mon Mar 27 08:49:06 CEST 2006

> Mine seg faulted as well..
> Here's the last few lines of the freeradius -X -A

> modcall: entering group authenticate for request 1002
>   rlm_eap: Request found, released from the list
>   rlm_eap: EAP/peap
>   rlm_eap: processing type peap
>   rlm_eap_peap: Authenticate
>   rlm_eap_tls: processing TLS
> rlm_eap_tls:  Length Included
>   eaptls_verify returned 11

Interesting. This morning I encountered again that radiusd was claiming to be
still listening on its ports, but didn't process anything any more. As other
logs showed, someone logged into an Access Point via TTLS at 8:22 and at 8:25
the Nagios Monitoring system marked the RADIUS Server as critical. Scan
interval for Nagios is every three minutes. So it could very well be that
FreeRADIUS stopped processing packets when it tried to do TTLS. Sounds
similar to your case, just that it didn't segfault. Note that we usually use
TTLS it several times a day, and FreeRADIUS shows this behaviour only
sporadically.
I now reverted to 1.1.0 in the hope that it's better there. The way it is now
is... disturbing.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg