Proxying based on attribute value

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Mar 28 02:03:21 CEST 2006

Norman Elton <normelton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at the documentation and proxy.conf, I see that FreeRadius
> can do all sorts of proxying based on the username. Can it determine
> the correct proxy server by checking the value (or existence) of a
> particular attribute?

  Yes.

DEFAULT Some-Attribute == some-value, Proxy-To-Relm := example.com

> I'd like to forward all PEAP requests to one server, and all other
> requests to another server.

  I'm not sure that's possible.  EAP does EAP-Identity first, and then
does PEAP in the same session.  You could try:

DEFAULT EAP-Type == PEAP, Proxy-To-Realm := example.com

  But the other server may get excited that it only saw part of the
PEAP conversation.

  You're really better off proxying on some other key.