L2tp and fixed Framed IP Address for ADSL customers

Adil Bikarbass adil at mtds.com
Tue Mar 28 13:35:03 CEST 2006

Hello All,

My Cisco NAS is listening to responses from FreeRadius here is my Cisco
config

aaa new-model
!
!
aaa authentication login default local
aaa authentication ppp default group radius
aaa authorization network default group radius
aaa accounting delay-start
aaa accounting exec default start-stop group radius
aaa accounting network default start-stop group radius
!
vpdn enable
vpdn search-order domain
vpdn domain-delimiter @ suffix
!
vpdn-group l2tp
 accept-dialin
  protocol l2tp
  virtual-template 1
 terminate-from hostname BAS
 local name rabatgw
 lcp renegotiation on-mismatch
 l2tp tunnel password 7 04561F021C
!
username l2tp at mtds password 7 060A5D355C
!
interface Loopback0
 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.224
!
!
interface Virtual-Template1
 ip unnumbered Loopback0
 ip tcp header-compression
 peer default ip address pool AS
 keepalive 10 255
 ppp authentication pap chap
 ppp timeout idle 10000
!
ip local pool AS 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.10
!
radius-server host x.x.x.x auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646 key 7 141A060F1F0
12939213C38303B4351

My radius is listening on 1645 for auth and 1646 for acct, I can see the
auth request coming into my radius box but the IP address is never got from
the Framed-IP reply item but assigned from the Cisco pool

Any clue about what could be the problem?

Thanks

 --
|-Adil Bikarbass
|-IT Manager, MTDS