Multiple Accounting in Radacct

Gunther freeradius at caribsms.com
Tue Mar 28 17:34:34 CEST 2006

Hi, from what I see in the log files ... A start packet from the NAS
has reached the FreeRadius server, but the ACK packet has
not reached the NAS, therefore the NAS is sending the packet again, and
the ACK packet again did not reach ... a few times.
The last packet reached the NAS and accounting starts. But since there
are now 3 identical accounting records in the db
  (with identical Unique IDs), all db records are updated at the same
time. To avoid this I made the UniqueSessionID column
in the radacct table UNIQUE within MySQL. This avoids the creation of a
duplicate records in the db.