VLAN and SSID

Antonio Matera antonio.matera at create-net.it
Wed Mar 29 09:33:13 CEST 2006

Hallo,
I have a problem with the authentication on different VLAN.

I write for you my example:

I have two VLAN (VLAN1 and VLAN2) conneccted to two SSID (SSID1 and
SSID2) on my Cisco 1200 AP. I have the same authentication on both
connection (EAP-TLS).

In my users file I have two user:

user1    Auth-Type := EAP
             Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802,
             Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = 2,
             Tunnel-Type = VLAN

user2    Auth-Type := EAP
             Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802,
             Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = 3,
             Tunnel-Type = VLAN

the authentication works fine but , for example, if I connect the WinXP
client on the SSID1 with the certificate user of the VLAN2, I have this
situation:
The client is connected to the VLAN2 but the SSID of the wireless
connection is SSID1.

It is possible to prevent the connection to the select SSID if the
certificate of the user is incorrect?

Thanks, bye