Upgrade Freeradius

Paulo Cabrita pjc at ual.pt
Wed Mar 29 18:33:04 CEST 2006

Hello.

I have a network where wireless users use the freeradius to authenticate
via OpenLDAP (in an another box)

I recently installed the 1.1.0 version using last version of the SLES
for OS and everything worked well. I did the following:

./configure --with-openssl-includes=/usr/local/openssl/include
--with-openssl-libraries=/usr/local/openssl/lib
--prefix=/usr/local/radius
--with-rlm-ldap-lib-dir=/usr/local/openldap/lib/
--with-rlm-ldap-include-dir=/usr/local/openldap/include/
make
make install

Before, I installed openssl (0.9.8a) like this:

./config --prefix=/usr/local/openssl shared
make
make install

 From the radiusd.conf I have:
ldap {
                server = "192.168.2.4"
                port = 636
                basedn = "ou=users,dc=ual,dc=pt"
                filter = "(mail=%{User-Name})"
                start_tls = no
                access_attr = "radiusClientIPAddress"
                dictionary_mapping = ${raddbdir}/ldap.attrmap
                ldap_connections_number = 30
                timeout = 60
                timelimit = 60
                net_timeout = 60

It runs perfectly well but when it received a request from a client, I
have the following error:
Error: rlm_ldap: could not set LDAP_OPT_X_TLS option Success

Using "clear" comunication (ldap://), it works well, so I definitively
have a problem with TLS/SSL.

I have the same configuration in an another box using freeradius 1.0.5
and it works fine.

Any idea?

TIA

--