Semantics of radiusd.conf ?

Gabriel L. Somlo somlo at cmu.edu
Wed May 3 20:41:29 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the semantics of the radiusd.conf file.
Specifically, when does a module (not) need to be mentioned in the
authorize and authenticate sections of the config file ?

For instance, I want mysql-based authorization, and eap-based
authentication. For this, I have to do something like this:

authorize {
        eap
        sql
}
authenticate {
        eap
}

Removing the eap from 'authorize' prevents the server from
working correctly (works fine if you leave it in there).
Why does eap have to be mentioned in 'authorize', if I only
need it for authentication ?

Thanks,
Gabriel