Freeradius radclient problem and sql dialupadmin question

Eric Hilden eric at linkednetworks.com
Wed May 10 22:04:53 CEST 2006

I have installed FreeRadius (latest version) to my system and all goes
well until it gets to the rlm_* files.  I have tried specifying the
mysql directory at /usr/lib/mysql and it seemed to fix a few of those
errors in the make process but then it just errors out. So I blew away
that installation because I am really trying to get this working with
mysql.

This attempt I'm really trying to get working because I think the linker
setups up the libs more correctly. Using Suse 10.0 doing a source rpm
install and let it do all the magic. It installs everything to the
/etc/raddb directory and other default directories, but now I am running
into this issue. After the install is done I run "radiusd -x" for a test
and everything is working and listening for requests. As soon as a add a
user to the users.txt file and run radtest is where I get my errors.

After running "*radtest steve testing localhost 1812 testing123"* I get
the following.

*radclient: dict_init: Couldn't open dictionary
"/usr/local/etc/raddb/dictionary: No such file or directory. *
I can however use the radclient -d command to switch make it switch
directories. I have no idea why it is wanting to push to that directory.
The installation put the dictionary in the following.
*/etc/raddb/dictionary *and */usr/share/freeradius/dictionary. *Is there
a way to make it default to the */usr/share/freeradius/dictionary*?

After running with the *"radtest -d /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary
steve testing localhost 1812 testing123" *I get the accept message
request from my test user.
Furthermore looking at the file /etc/raddb/dictionary I see* $Include
/usr/share/freeradius/dictionary*
and looking at */usr/share/freeradius/dictionary *has all the include
statements for the rest of the dictionary files.

Where am I missing the configuration to change the default setting for
where radclient is wanting to look? Why the using Yast configured it
look there I have no clue but it seems like an easy fix.

*SQL & Dialup Admin* *Questions?*
---------------------------
1.) In all the guides I have found you modify the sql.conf and
radiusd.conf files to get it working. In my  /etc/raddb directory
however I have a mysql.conf file; do I need to use this file instead?

2.)(not really a question) Before hand I was getting all the rlm_***
errors but know using Yast I believe the linker is now having everything
work. As what I have changed is the following. In radiusd.conf I changed
under authorize and accounting, I uncommented out the sql parts and
commented out the files part. And in sql.conf I changed my settings to
locahost and my login information. Now when I run radiusd -x and I get
ready to accept requests like everything is working with no errors and
all my databases have connected.

3.) Dialup Admin problems I am experiencing. I know this isn't dialup
admin forums/mailing list but I figured I would find the most help here.

Find Users still seems to do nothing even when I create users through
Dialup Admin.

And when I go to edit users I get the following:
Warning: main(password.php3) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No
such file or directory in
/srv/www/dialup_admin/lib/sql/password_check.php3 on line 2
Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required
'password.php3' (include_path='/usr/share/php') in
/srv/www/dialup_admin/lib/sql/password_check.php3 on line 2

I'm no php expert but I really couldn't find what would be wrong here? I
have no password on dialupadmin currently.

4.) How exactly do I test if Dialup Admin is working correctly? Also is
there any documentation someone could point me to with what all the
values and fields mean. It seems a bit different than working with the
text files. I didn't see a place from secret. So if someone could point
me a guide/documention explaining this I would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time reading this.
Eric