No detail file created for accounting

Axel Seguin Axel.Seguin at icfo.es
Fri May 12 10:07:42 CEST 2006

Hi everyone,

Here is my problem,  I think I configured everything but the detail
file is never created for accounting. I also use a mysql data base
for accounting only and nothing is appended to the table radacct
either. It is like accounting does not work at all. Here are some
parts of my radiusd.conf. I have been trying to make it work for
quite a while now this is why I am writing to this mailing list now.
If anyone has an idea it would be really appreciated.

prefix = /usr/local
exec_prefix = ${prefix}
sysconfdir = ${prefix}/etc
localstatedir = ${prefix}/var
sbindir = ${exec_prefix}/sbin
logdir = ${localstatedir}/log/radius
raddbdir = ${sysconfdir}/raddb
radacctdir = ${logdir}/radacct

#  Location of config and logfiles.
confdir = ${raddbdir}
run_dir = ${localstatedir}/run/radiusd

#
#  The logging messages for the server are appended to the
#  tail of this file.
#
log_file = ${logdir}/radius.log

log_auth = yes

In the modules section :

	detail {

		detailfile = ${radacctdir}/%{Client-IP-Address}/detail-%Y%m%d

		detailperm = 0600
	}

and in the accounting section I put "detail".

Did I forget something? I have the right to write in this directory
since the auth-detail file is created in the same place. Also if i
put "detail" in the Authorize section, the file is created but with
far too much information than what I need and it does not solve my
problem concerning the mysql database.

Thank you all in advance.