rlm_sqlcounter developer required

Mark Lovatt mlovatt at catalystmanagement.co.uk
Tue May 16 14:03:47 CEST 2006

I have been able to configure it to count traffic instead of time, but only
when a user first logs in, it'll then allow or deny them access, however it
doesn't return any attributes such as Max-Input_octets = ??, where ?? is
some value(ie account balance) less the sum of acctinputoctets, this would
allow the NAS to disconnect a client during the session, ie client has 5Mb
on their account, they login but are disconnected after 5Mb of throughput.

This is what I've done so far, but it only works on login and doesn't return
any attributes:

sqlcounter monthlybandwidthcounter {

                counter-name = Max-Bytes

                check-name = Max-Bytes

                sqlmod-inst = sql

                key = User-Name

                reset = monthly

                Reply-Message = "You have reached your bandwidth cap for
this Month"

                query = "SELECT sum(AcctOutputOctets) + sum(AcctInputOctets)
FROM radacct where UserName = '%{%k}'"

        }

I'm using a Colubris MSC-5200

Mark