peap with mysql

Chris Liles Chris.Liles at air2web.com
Thu May 18 01:05:35 CEST 2006

To get peap working with a mysql backend do I need to store the LM and NT hashes of the password?

I currently have my db setup like this:

mysql> select * from radcheck;
+----+----------+---------------+----+--------+
| id | UserName | Attribute     | op | Value  |
+----+----------+---------------+----+--------+
|  1 | temptest | User-Password | == | authme |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I would guess I need to add 2 more rows per user with the attributes LM-Password and NT-Password set to the correct hash.

Currently it works fine with NTRadPing, but not from the MS Supplicant :(

The only reason I ask about the LM and NT Hashes is because I saw some info about that when using openldap.

Thanks!

--
Chris Liles
System Analyst