returning variable as HEX in Access-Accept

Michael Kopp michael.kopp at gmx.net
Wed May 24 08:15:19 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I have maybe a strange request

OK I receive some Attributes in Access-Request and I have to return the HEX values of the received Attribute back to the NAS within the Access-Accept message.

For example

I receive for instance "Framed-MTU" = 1500 in Access-Request and now I have to put in the Access-Accept Class = "05DC" (the hex value of the framed-MTU) and sent it back to the NAS.
I already tried several things but cannot get it to work.

What I tried
Class = `%{Framed-MTU}`,
but then I only get the integer value in the class attribute
If I do something like
Class = 0x`%{Framed-MTU}`, I just get an parser error
Additionally I have to add a second variable into the Class attribute, is this also possible to tie together the both variables and sent their Hex value back in Class attribute ? or maybe just one variable and a fixed other value ? Like "Class = 0xAAAA`%{Framed-MTU}`, (Also with this I get a parser error )
Hope my explanation is clear, I know strange request ;-)

Is the stuff what I try to achive even possible ? and if yes, can somebody show me how ? I cannot find a answer in the archive and in the man pages

Thanks
Michael
--

Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
      Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer