How to specify multiple values for Called-Station-Id (checkval)

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Thu May 25 20:01:09 CEST 2006

Kostas Kalevras wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2006, Mike Jakubik wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to setup group checks for Called-Station-Id in freeradius
>> 1.1.1 and mysql. I have enabled the checkval module in radiusd.conf
>> and set notfound-reject = yes. In my radgroupcheck table when i
>> specify "restricted Called-Station-Id := number", it works fine.
>> However i need to specify more than one number. I have tried the
>> following format; number, number, number and "number, number, number"
>> and "number", "number" but none of those seem to work. Could someone
>> please tell me how this can be accomplished?
>

> You just need to add more attribute/value pairs, one for each number
> you wantto allow. You can also use a regular expression if you use the
> =~ operator.

I have tried that, but it does not work either. I have also tried using
regexp, while it seems to function, it no longer seems to use the
checkval module and throws the following notice:

Info: rlm_sql (sql): No matching entry in the database for request from
user [user]

But the checkval module shows:

Auth: Invalid user (rlm_checkval: This Called-Station-Id is not allowed
for the user)

Whats the point of this checkval module if it can only check a single value?