rlm_sqlippool - try sql if not try sql1

RobertB robert at timaru.com
Thu May 25 23:25:26 CEST 2006

>>>RobertB wrote:
>>>
>>> At present it is not possible to do something like: try sql, if not
>>> available try sql1.
>>
>>Did you try to put the module in a "redundant" or a "group"
>>stanza? http://freeradius.org/radiusd/doc/configurable_failover

Actually I'm using it with accounting packets, but it doesn't work with rlm_sqlippool, as radiusd.conf is expecting ip pool name.
The sql-instance-name is set in sqlippool.sqls. Having two sql-instances would mean two sqlippools.conf files and a different pool in each which
wouldn't really work, unless I'm missing something.

Cheers,
RobertB