failed to create the pair

Giuseppe Parlato gparlato at tnet.it
Sun May 28 19:26:51 CEST 2006

SQL Schema and usage

1 - Search the radcheck table for any check attributes specific to the user
2 - If check attributes are found, and there's a match, pull the reply items from the radreply table for this user and add them to the reply
3 - Group processing then begins if any of the following conditions are met:
The user IS NOT found in radcheck
The user IS found in radcheck, but the check items don't match
The user IS found in radcheck, the check items DO match AND Fall-Through is set in the radreply table
The user IS found in radcheck, the check items DO match AND the read_groups directive is set to 'yes'
4 - If groups are to be processed for this user, the first thing that is done is the list of groups this user is a member of is pulled from the usergroup table ordered by the priority field. The priority field of the usergroup table allows us to control the order in which groups are processed, so that we can emulate the ordering in the users file. This can be important in many cases.
5 - For each group this user is a member of, the corresponding check items are pulled from radgroupcheck table and compared with the request. If there is a match, the reply items for this group are pulled from the radgroupreply table and applied.
6 - Processing continues to the next group IF:
There was not a match for the last group's check items OR
Fall-Through was set in the last group's reply items (The above is exactly the same as in the users file)
7 - Finally, if the user has a User-Profile attribute set or the Default Profile option is set in the sql.conf, then steps 4-6 are repeated for the groups that the profile is a member of.

radcheck table and radreply table are in freeradius or sql server ??? check (poin 1) is to sql server and reply (point 2) from sql server ?

..so I got that error after point 2 right ? hmmmm..

radius_xlat:  '122 at domain.com'
rlm_sql (sql): sql_set_user escaped user --> '122 at domain.com'
radius_xlat:  'VoIP_Radius '122 at domain.com''
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 16
radius_xlat:  ''
radius_xlat:  'VoIP_Radius '122 at domain.com','',                                   '','192.168.1.1','''
rlm_sql: Failed to create the pair: Unknown value VOIP for attribute Service-Type
rlm_sql (sql): Error getting data from database
radius_xlat:  ''

in mssql.conf file i have

mssql.conf:

authorize_check_query = "VoIP_Radius '%{User-Name}'"
authorize_reply_query = "VoIP_Radius '%{User-Name}','%{Calling-Station-Id}',   \
                                '%{Called-Station-Id}','%{NAS-IP-Address}','%{h323-conf-id}','VOIP'"

can anyone help me to focuse on the problem?